Photo by Joel Muniz via Unsplash
It’s a brand new day here at Casa Pierce. My last day working in Corporate America was August 21 (although to be honest, there was no work done that day after I held my last meeting at 9am to say goodbye to my teams).
You see all the big retirement parties portrayed in media — yeah, it wasn’t like that for me. My job the previous four years was completely remote, so there was no office to have a party in and no one local to throw one. My boss did something that I’ve done for my peers in the past and scheduled a virtual happy hour/retirement party on Thursday, which was absolutely nice of him to do! And then I sort of faded away…
But I did throw myself a party that Friday at one of the local brewpubs, with a number of folks that I’ve worked with over the years coming out to catch up. It was awesome and so good to see folks that I haven’t seen in years! Never hesitate to throw yourself a party.
Then that Sunday Ms. Pierce and I saw Squeeze, Adam Ant and Haircut 100 on an absolutely perfect day at a nearby amphitheater to cap off the end of my own little retirement weekend. I’m afraid Mr. Ant has lost most of his voice, but Haircut 100 was fun as hell and Squeeze was fantastic as always.
While it is certainly possible that I’ll find myself in need of employment again at some point in the future, it won’t be in IT. After 44 years of working in the field, all of it on the platform side (in other words, supporting the infrastructure, not coding new stuff), I’m done. I worked through a number of seismic changes in the industry, but I have zero interest in the AI stuff that is being forced on everyone so the timing couldn’t have been more perfect.
What I Read in August
I’m still behind in my reading but I do have a couple of things that I read that I’m happy to recommend.
I’m kind of off reading hotwife stuff for a bit. My Medium recommendations have little else so I have to search a bit for other subgenres. That being said, I’m glad I read “My Husband Asked Me to Sleep With Another Man” by Liana Pryce. So many of these stories either don’t deal with the emotional aftermath, or they make it too easy. The husband in question here doesn’t get off so easily (no pun intended). He’s filled with remorse even though he pushed his wife into it and it takes a lot for them to reconcile. It felt real, and that’s high praise. I’m looking forward to reading more of Liana’s stuff.
Riverboy has been publishing stories on Literotica since long before I started reading the site, and after almost 250 stories, nearly every one is rated 4.5 or higher. He’d taken a bit of a hiatus but is back with several new stories. I highly recommend “Sagittarius Rising”, about a widow rediscovering her sexuality at a lake house with the help of her adult stepson and a stranger in a kayak. It is beautifully told, hot as fuck, and very sweet. I’ll want to read his other new ones as well — he definitely didn’t get rusty during his time away from Lit.
I’d hoped to get to new stories by favorites Ian Snow and Emily Miller and get back to Lacey Cross’ “Using Them All”, but now they’re queued up for September.
What I Wrote in August
Happy to say that despite all of the stuff that goes into retiring, like getting Social Security and Medicare in place, etc, I’ve actually made time to get back to writing! The first new chapter of “Welcome to Hidden Hills” dropped last Wednesday, with more chapters planned weekly for the next few. In the end, the story is likely to be three arcs of 8–9 chapters each, so there may be another break coming later this fall.
If you haven’t been reading it, you can find the story so far on both Medium (by Anton J Pierce) and on Literotica (under my ‘flipnmelonfarmer’ Lit name). Rick inherits a trailer park in the middle of nowhere in NC from his father (plus a fuck-ton of money), and has an eye-opening first visit. There’s something delightfully odd about the place, emphasis on delight.
I’ve got a ton of stories outlines in my files, but I’m working on a couple of the most recent ideas — both concerning women next door, but each very different in nature. One is very much an exhibitionist/voyeur story with a side helping of hotwife, and the other falls more into the “older guy with a huge… package” trope. Big dick stories have so much potential to fall flat, but if they’re told with humor (and sometimes a willing suspension of disbelief) they can be fun. That’s what I’m telling myself, at least! You should start seeing one or the other of these before the end of September!
And, of course, if you haven’t picked it up yet, go buy “Wicked Little Miracles”! One of the things that’s so cool about it is the variety of stories and storytellers — there’s love, passion and lust in so many different types of tales. You’ll love it!
# # #
If all goes well, my next monthly installment will be posted from a beach house in Corolla (not the one from my “Neighbors: The Beach Trip”, sadly!) as Ms Pierce and I start a two week stay to celebrate my birthday, my retirement, and just being at the beach! I love off-season at the Outer Banks — the water’s still warm enough to wade in and the sound side should be fine for puttering about on my paddleboard. Can’t wait!
Wishing you cooler temperatures and the hottest sex!

No comments:
Post a Comment